Passaic County Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Golf Course COVID-19 Updates & Guidelines
COUNTY OF PASSAIC
PREAKNESS VALLEY GOLF COURSE
UPDATE OF POLICIES & PROCEDURES
(As of 6/12/20)
We will now be operating under the COVID-19 Guidelines of the newest Executive Orders #152 & #153 issued by Governor Murphy on Thursday, June 11th, 2020.
General Golfing Policies and Procedures
- All Tee Times MUST be booked online at preaknessvalleygolf.com or golfnow.com
- Tee Times will be in 10-minute intervals moving forward.
- Tee Times will NOT be permitted to be booked by phone.
- Customers must call the Pro Shop for any modifications/cancellations @ (973) 881-4921. If you need to cancel a tee time, you must call the Pro Shop outside of 24 hours of your tee time. If you cancel within 24 hours, you may be charged.
- Greens Fees, Cart Fees & Merchandise Purchases are to be paid for at the Pro Shop.
- If you have a Public Tee Time, you are only charged a booking fee and the remainder is to be paid at the course. The only pre-paid times are "HOT DEAL" tee times.
- There will be NO WALK-UPS PERMITTED. You must have a scheduled tee time to play.
- Practice Facilities are open in full capacity with social distancing.
- Golf Carts are back to two riders per cart moving forward. If you are at high risk or have concerns riding with another person, you are permitted to ride alone. All players are required to empty all personal belongings and garbage from their carts at the end of their rounds. Proper receptacles will be provided near the Golf Cart Return Area.
- Restrooms are OPEN.
- Bunker rakes, benches, ball washers, water coolers & other "touchable" items have been removed from the golf course until further notice.
- Golf club & equipment rentals are suspended until further notice.
Sanitation Measures to be Employed on Both Golf Courses
- All high-touch areas will be routinely, and after each use, cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC guidelines. Such areas include, but are not limited to, golf carts, counter tops, door knobs, other common surfaces, and other frequently touched surfaces including employee-used equipment. Following a known or potential exposure on either golf course, procedures shall be undertaken in compliance with CDC recommendations.
- The safety and well-being of the Parks staff, all Golf Staff and all golfers is of paramount importance. For this reason, Preakness Valley Golf Course is committed to ensuring that both of its golf courses have a sufficient number of workers to perform the above protocols effectively.
Social Distancing Requirements
- Golfers shall at all times and, in particular, when on golf tee boxes and golf greens maintain appropriate social distancing by remaining six feet apart from others.
The above practices and procedures are subject to be modified at any time to adhere to any Executive Orders issued by Governor Murphy.