Join Don Weise of the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference for an introductory class on the exhilarating sport of Trail Running. Don will discuss trail basics: equipment/supplies you should have, preparation and safety tips, beginner-friendly trails and navigation, and proper form. Bring your running shoes and get ready to have fun!
This class is perfect for beginners, as well as experienced road and cross country runners who are interested in exploring the world of trail running!
Topics will include:
- Proper trail running equipment and supplies.
- How to prepare for a trail run.
- How to navigate using a map, practicing 'Leave No Trace' principles, and staying safe on the trails.
- How to find beginner-friendly trails.
- Proper trail running form. Training tips.
When: Saturday, April 29th @ 10:00 AM
Where: Highlands Preserve - 21 Warwick Tpke. Hewitt, NJ
Ages: 12 and above, all minors need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian
When: Saturday, September 30th @ 10:00 AM
Where: Garret Mountain Reservation - * Mountain Ave. Woodland Park, NJ