Passaic County Parks & Recreation
Skip to nav
Program & Event Cancellation/Refund Policy
The Passaic County Department of Cultural and Historic Affairs and Department of Parks and Recreation reserve the right to cancel an activity due to low enrollment and will provide a full refund to participants. Participants will have the opportunity to enroll in another activity if space is available. If an activity is canceled due to inclement weather or circumstances beyond our control, Passaic County Parks and Recreation will make every effort to reschedule the activity. Activity information regarding cancellations and make-ups will be communicated via email.
- Passaic County reserves the right to cancel a program due to a lack of enrollment or circumstances arising out of its control. Registrants will receive a full refund if the program/event is canceled due to one of these instances.
- Passaic County activities will occur light rain or shine. Registrants will receive a full refund if the program/event is canceled due to extreme weather and not rescheduled.
- Registrants withdrawing more than 48 hours prior to the program start time will receive a full refund minus a $5 activity fee.
- Registrants who withdraw less than 48 hours prior to the program start time will receive no refund.
- Any refund for a series of classes must be requested before the start time of the 2nd session of the registered class. Refund amount will be processed based on the total number of classes. (For example -- if a registrant cancels after attending 1 class of a 4-class series -- they will receive a 75% refund.)
- No refunds will be given after the 2nd class has started.
- If a registrant chooses to not attend a class without prior notification of the Department, they will receive no refund.
All participant withdrawals must be received during regular business hours. If any class or activity includes a uniform or materials fee, this fee will not be refunded. Refunds will not be given for large-scale special events unless it is determined by the Parks & Recreation Director.
Participant cancellations due to a serious illness or injury: Prorated refunds for injury or serious illness are given if written medical verification from your physician is received prior to the end of the program. This refund will be pro-rated to the number of classes left in the program after our office receives the verification. No refund will be given if we receive the written medical verification after the end of the program.
All refunds will be processed at the conclusion of the program/event. Please allow 2-3 weeks for delivery of refund.